This page is intended to keep you informed about what we do with the personal data we process. Personal data means any information which can be used to identify an individual person; it includes things like your name, e-mail address, delivery address, billing address, telephone number and IP address.
Information we collect
If you use the Site just to browse the content, we will not collect, store or process any personal data of yours.
If you submit material to us as a contributor, we will store your name, email address and any other personal information that you supply, for administrative and contact purposes. However, we do not require you to submit any personal information other than your name and email address. If we reject your contribution, we will store your name and email address for a period of up to one year, for archival purposes.
If we reasonably believe that we are required by law to disclose your personal information to a third party, whether in compliance with any applicable law or regulation or by court order or in connection with legal proceedings, we may do so.
Apart from this, we will not disclose or sell your personal information to any third party without your permission.
We will not share your personal information with advertisers. However, some of the adverts you may see will be served from locations other than our own server, for example Google AdSense ads.
Purpose and Duration
We will use your personal data to:
- For users who do not leave comments on the Site, we will not store any personal information of yours.
- For users who leave comments on the Site, we will not use or disclose your personal information (that is, your email address) but will store it for as long as your comment is displayed below the article under which you left it.
- For contributors, we will use your personal information:
- to send and respond to emails from you
- to manage our interaction with you
- to maintain our records and databases;
- to carry out statistical analysis; and
- For administration, accounting, marketing and archival purposes.
You may request for your personal information to be deleted at any time by emailing email@example.com.